Browse by category:
Consumer Price Indexes (Tables by Subject. Statistics Canada)
- Includes provinces and major urban areas.
- Urban areas: data for the latest 2 months and most recent 5 years, all items only.
- Provinces and national level: data by major component (i.e. shelter, food, transportation, clothing, recreation/education, health, alcohol/tobacco) for the latest 2 months and the most recent 5 years.
- A historical summary (national level only - all items) includes 20 years of data.
Consumer Price Indexes (CANSIM. Statistics Canada)
Consumer Price Index - Detailed (Statistics Canada)
Provides a more detailed breakdown for each of the major components at national and provincial levels. Also includes information for selected urban centres.
e.g. food component - provincial/urban level includes food purchased from stores (meat, dairy, bakery, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables) and food purchased from restaurants.
e.g. food component - national level covers specific kinds of meat, fish, dairy products, cereal products, vegetables, condiments etc.
- e.g. food component - provincial/urban level includes food purchased from stores (meat, dairy, bakery, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables) and food purchased from restaurants.
For U.S. and international consumer price indexes see the U.S. and International Econ Stats tabs in the Economic Statistics guide.
This article was:
Thank you for your feedback!